Awards & Decorations
Books on Dr Satya Vrat Shastri
Research on Prof. Shastri
(C) 2000 by Satya Vrat Shastri
All rights reserved.
Pictured are some of the many awards and decorations bestowed on Prof. Dr. Satya Vrat Shastri, and many more honors are being awarded all the time....
(1) Honour from Royal Nepal Academy, Kathmandu, 1979
(2) Medallion of Honour from the Catholic University, Leuven, Belgium, 1985. in 1992
(3) Elected Fellow, International Institute of Indian Studies, Ottawa, Canada.
(4) Doctorate Honoris Causa from the Silpakorn University, Bangkok, Thailand, 1993.
(5) Honour: “Autorita Academische Italiano Straniere”. The Civil and Academic Authority of Italy for Foreigners from the Govt. of Italy, 1994.
(6) Kalidasa Award from the International Institute of Indian Studies, Ottawa, Canada, 1994.
(7) Special Award from Centro Pimontese di Studi Sui Medioed Estremo Oriente (CESMEO), Torino, Italy, 1995.
(8) Honour from Gaja Madah University, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 1995.
(9) Royal Decoration “Most Admirable Order of the Direk Gunabhorn, 5th Class” from His Majesty the King of Thailand, 1997.
(10) Doctorate Honoris Causa, from the University of Oradea, Oradea, Romania.
(11) Certificate of Excellence from the Spiru Haret University, Ramnicu-Valeca, Romania, 2001.
(12) Certificate of Excellence from the Biblioteca Judeteana”Antim Ivireanul” Valeca, Romania, 2001.
(13) Honour from Mihai Eminescu International Academy, Bucharest, Romania, 2001.
(14) Honoured as “Outstanding Teacher and Writer” by Biblioteca Pedagogica Nationala ‘I.C. Petrescu’ and Biblioteca Indiana, Bucharest, Romania 2001
(15) Golden Prize from CESMEO, International Institute for Advanced Asian Studies, Torino, Italy, 2001.
(16) Elected Fellow, Accademia di Studi Mediterrani, Academy of Mediterranean Studies, Aggrigento, Italy.
(17) DOCTORATE HONORIS CAUSA conferred by the University of Torino, Italy on May 3rd, 2012 at the Special Convocation Ceremony in the Great Hall of the University
(18) Royal Decoration “Most Admirable Order of the Direk Gunabhorn, 3rd Class” from His Majesty the King of Thailand, 2015.
Receiving Lifetime Fellowship Award Sahitya Akademi
(19) Receiving the Sahitya Akademi Award in Sanskrit from His Excellency Dr. Zakir Hussain, President of India. 1968
(20) Honour from Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi Administration Delhi in 1974
(21) Honour from Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Board in 1974
(22) U.G.C. National Lecturer, 1983.
(23) President of India Certificate of Honour, 1985.
(24) Shiromani Sanskrit Sahityakar Award of the languange department of Govt. of Punjab from Sri Basant Singh Khalsa, Minister of Education, in 1985.
(25) Visista Samskrta Sahitya Award from Uttar Pradesh; Sanskrit Academy, Lucknow, from Dr. Shankar Dayal Sharma, the Vice President of India in 1988.
(26) Gita Rana Puraskara, IX International Gita Conference, Delhi, 1991.
(27) Sanskrit Seva Sammana, Delhi Sanskrit Akademi, Delhi, 1992.
(28) Sanskrit Sahitya Paraskara, Bharatiya Bhasha Parishad, Kolkata, 1992.
(29) Indira Baharey Gold Medal, Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune, 1992.
(30) Pandit Jagannatha Sanskrit Padya-racana Puraskara, Delhi Sanskrit Akademi, Delhi, 1993.
(31) Kalidasa Puraskara, Uttar Pradesh Sanskrit Academy, Lucknow, 1994.
(32) Pandita Kshama Row Puraskara, Row Dayal Trust, Mumbai, 1994.
(33) Vagbhusana title, Vanmaya-vimarsa, Delhi, 1994.
(34) Devavani-ratna Sammana, Devavani Parishad, New Delhi, 1994.
(35) First All India Sammana, Rajasthan Sanskrit Academy, Jaipur, 1995.
(36) Vachaspati Puraskara, K.K. Birla Foundation, New Delhi, 1995.
(37) Dayawati Modi Vishwa Sanskriti Sammana, Modi Kala Kala Bharati, New Delhi, 1995.
(38) Selected Shastra Chudamani Scholar by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (National Institute of Sanskrit, Government of India) in 1996.
(39) Manasa Sammana from the Tulasi Manas Pratisthana and Tulasi Academy, Madhya Pradesh, Bhopal, 1997.
(40) All India Kalidasa Puraskara, Madhya Pradesh Sanskrit Academy, Bhopal, 1997.
(41) Honour from the Govt. of Maharashtra in 1998.
(42) Degree of Mahamahopadhyaya, Honoris Causa, from Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Tirupati 1999.
(43) Padma Shri from the President, Govt of India, 1999.
(44) Honour from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra 1999
(45) Honour from Delhi Sanskrit Akademy, Delhi 1999
(46) Degree of Vidyavachaspati, Honoris Causa, from Gurukul Maha vidyalaya, Jwalapur (Hardwar), 1999
(47) Honour from Mahamahopadhyaya Pandit Naval Kishore Kankar Seva Parishsad, Jaipur, 1999.
(48) Kalidasa Sammana, Kalidasa Samaroha, Ujjain, 2000.
(49) Title of Veda-shastra-visharada, Swami Vishvesh Tirtha, Adhokshaja Mutt, Udupi, Karnataka, 2002..
(50) Shrivani Alankarana, Ramakrishna Jaidayal Dalmiya Trust, Delhi, 2002..
Ramakrishna Jaidayal Dalmia Shreevani Alankarana from RJ Dalmia Trust, New Delhi, in 2002. Dr. Satya Vrat Shastri was conferred Ramkrishna Jaidayal Dalmia Shreevani Alankarana (Decoration), the highest in India for contribution to Sanskrit language and literature, on February 27, 2002. His Holiness Swami Vasudevanand, Shankaracharya of Jyotishpith was the Chief Guest on the occasion. The Shankaracharya presented the following to Dr. Satya Vrat Shastri on the occasion: The Citation and The Idol of Shreevani (Sarasvati) after whom the Decoration is named.
(51) Dr. Satya Vrat Shastri receiving the degree of Vidyamartanda (D.Litt.) Honoris Causa from Gurukul Kangri University, Hardwar, India, on April 25, 2002
(52) Mahakavi Kalidasa Sanskrit Jivanavrati Rashtriya Sammana, Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit Vishvavidyalaya, Ramtek, Nagpur, 2002.
(53) Honour from All India Oriental Conference, 43rd Session, Puri, 2003.
(54) Shrimati Chandrawati Joshi Sanskrit Bhasha Puraskara, Jnana Kalyana Datavya Nyasa, New Delhi, 2003.
(55) Vedanga Puraskara from Maharshi Sandipani Rashtriya Veda Vidya Pratishthan, Ujjain, 2003.
(56) Acharya Umasvami Puraskara, Kundakunda Bharati, New Delhi, 2003.
(57) First International Himadri Uttaranchal Sanskrit Sammana, Uttaranchal Sanskrit Academy, Hardwar, 2004..
Dr. Satya Vrat Shastri receiving the first Dr. Shashibhanu Vidyalankar Rashtriya Puraskara from the Dr. Shashibhanu Vidyalankar Dharmarth Trust, Hardwar (To the left ): Dr. Ram Nath Vedalankar, Ex-Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Gurukul Kangri University, Hardwar. (To the right) Dr. Ved Prakash Shastri, the present Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Gurukul Kangri University, Hardwar. To the extreme left is Dr. Jayadev Vedalankar, the founder of the Trust.
(58) Dr. Shashibhanu Vidyalankar Rashtriya Puraskara, Dr. Shashibhanu Vidyalankar Dharmartha Trust, Hardwar , 2006.
(59) Degree of Vachaspati (D.Litt.), Honoris Causa, Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, New Delhi , 2007
(60) Life Time Achievement Award Vidyaratna, Purbanchal Academy of Oriental Studies, Kolkata, 2008.
(61) Elected General President, All India Oriental Conference, 45th Session, Tirupati.
(62) Sardar Patel International Award,2008, Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel Foundation, New Delhi.
(63) Jnanpith Award, Bharatiya Jnanpith, New Delhi , 2008.
HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand is Guest-of-Honor at the Jnanpith Award Ceremony- 19th August, 2009, New Delhi India.
(64) Degree of D.Litt. Honoris Causa, Deccan College Post-Graduate & Research Institute, Pune. 2009.
(65) Anuvadashri Puraskara, Bharatiya Anuvada Parishad, New Delhi, 2009.
(66) Prashant Murti Puraskara,Vimala Vidyashruta Sansthan, Jaipur,2009
(67) Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati National Eminence Award, The South Indian Education Society, Mumbai, 2009.
(68) Vishva Bharati Puraskara, UP Sanskrit Sansthan, Lucknow, 2009
(69) Padma Bhushan, Govt of India, 2010
(70) General President, All India Oriental Conference, 45th Session, Tirupati, 2010
(71) Sanskrit Kaustubha Sammana, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Delhi Kendra, New Delhi, 2010
(72) Distinguished Alumnus Award, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 2010
(73) Mahamana Malaviya Smrti Alankarana Puraskara, Mahamana Mission, Varanasi Unit, Varanasi, 2010
(74) Srimadvidyabhaskara Sammana, Mahamandaleshvara Junapithadhishvara Avadheshananda Giri, Hardwar, 2010
(75) Sarasvati ke Varadaputra title, All India Sanskrit Prakashaka Sangha, Delhi, 2011
(76) Maharshi Valmiki Sammana, Delhi Sanskrit Academy, Delhi, 2011
(77) Dr. Gangadhar Bhatta Smrti Sammana, Rajaganga Charitable Trust, Jaipur, 2011
(78) Bharatiratnam Sammana, Lokabhasha Prachara Samiti, Bhubaneswar, 2011.
(79) Prajnana Gaurava Sammana by Gloryfest, Puri, Odisha, 2012.
(80) Saptarshi Sammana by Sandipani Vidya Niketana, Porbundar, Gujarat, 2012.
(81) Swami Brahmananda Memorial Vyasashree Award-2012 by Maharsi Vyasadeva National Research Institute, Rourkela, Odisha...
(82)Rajata Sammana, Maharshi Sandipani Veda Vidya Pratishthan, Ujjain, 2012.
(83) Degree of Mahamahopadhyaya, Kavi Kulguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Rampek (Nagpur), 2012.
(84) Brihaspati Sammana, Kavi Kulguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Rampek (Nagpur), 2012.
(85) Mahamahimopadhyaya Sammana, Sanskrit Sahitya Academy, Cuttuck, Odisha, 2012.
(86) Honour Bharatashrih, Akhil Bhartiya Vidvat Parishad Varanasi, 2013.
(87) Fellow, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, 2013.
(88) Professor Emeritus, University of Delhi, 2013
(89) Vasundhara Ratna Samman, Award of Excellence, Respect Age International, New Delhi, 2013
(90) Chairman, 2nd Sanskrit Commission, Govt. of India, 2014.
(91) Rajaprabha Puraskar, Kunjunni Raja Academy of Indological Research (KAIR), Thrissur (Kerala), 2014.
(92) Distinguished Teacher Award from the University of Delhi, Delhi, 2014
(93) Sanskrit Gaurava Samman from All India Sanskrit Sahitya Sammelan, New Delhi, 2014
(94) Bharatbhusan Award, Indian Institute of Oriental Heritage, Kolkata, 2014
(95) Sivananda Eminent Citizen Award, Sanathana Dharma Charitable Trust, Visakhapatnam, 2014.
(96) Valmiki Sammana, The Ramayana Research Foundation, Bangalore, 2015.
(97) Vishva Kavi Samsada Sammana, Samskara Bharati, Goa, 2015.
(98) Samskritasudhanidhi Sammana, International Society for Educational Research and Training, Tirupati, 2015.
C-248 Defence Colony,
New Delhi - 110024, India
email: [email protected]